Discover more from Steady Compounding
20 Business Biographies You Should Read
Happy World Book Day!
Today is world book day!
A couple of days ago I asked: "What is your favorite business biography book?"
And I got 100+ recommendations.
Here are 20 of the most notable business biographies that you should read:
1. Shoe Dog
by Phil Knight
2. The Ride of a Lifetime
by Robert Iger
3. The Everything Store
by Stone Brad
4. Sam Walton: Made in America
by John Huey and Sam Walton
5. Titan: The Life of John D. Rockefeller, Sr.
by Ron Chernow
6. Junk to Gold: From Salvage to the World’s Largest Online Auto Auction
by Willis Johnson
7. The First Tycoon: The Epic Life of Cornelius Vanderbilt
by T.J. Stiles
8. BARE ESSENTIALS: The ALDI Way to Retail Success
by Dieter Brandes and Nils Brandes
9. Let My People Go Surfing
by Yvon Chouinard and Naomi Klein
10. Passion and Purpose
by John Mackey
11. Built from Scratch
by Bernie Marcus , Arthur Blank and Bob Andelman
12. Walt Disney
by Neal Gabler
13. Plain Talk: Lessons from a Business Maverick
by Ken Iverson
14. The Fish That Ate the Whale: The Life and Times of America's Banana King
by Rich Cohen
15. Steve Jobs
by Walter Isaacson
16. Buffett: The Making of an American Capitalist
by Roger Lowenstein
17. Dream Big (Sonho Grande): How the Brazilian Trio behind 3G Capital
by Cristiane Correa
18. The Turnaround Kid: What I Learned Rescuing America's Most Troubled Companies
by Steve Miller
19. Only the Paranoid Survive
by Andrew S. Grove
20. Cable Cowboy: John Malone and the Rise of the Modern Cable Business
by Mark Robichaux
Have fun reading and learning!